Four charred AK-47 rifles found in Taj: Witness tells court
Mumbai: Four AK-47 rifles, used by 26/11
terrorists to fire indiscriminately at Indian and foreign
guests at Taj, were found charred by National Security Guard
during a search in the hotel after the terror attacks, a
witness told a special court here on Tuesday.
The rifles belonged to four terrorists -- Hafiz Arshad
alias Abdul Rehman Bada, Javed alias Abu Ali, Abu Shoib and
Abu Umar who had let loose a reign of terror, fear and mayhem
in the hotel on November 26 last year. However, they were shot
dead by NSG commandos.
Rahulkumar Naik, a police inspector, told special public
prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam that the four AK-47 rifles were
recovered from the hotel in his presence by NSG commandos.
Naik further said that besides the rifles, NSG had also
recovered eight magazines, three pistols, a mobile phone, a
GPS instrument, six cartridges and 165 small empties.
Two other panch witnesses -- Raj Sarsangia and Anil
Padaghe, also informed the court about the articles which were
recovered from the hotel in their presence.
Pakistani gunman Ajmal Amir Kasab and two Indians, Faheem
Ansari and Sabauddin Ahmed, are facing the charges of killing
166 persons during the terror attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks