Four coaches of train derail
Bareilly: Four coaches of the Intercity Express derailed in Fatehganj Paschimi area, disrupting rail traffic between Moradabad and Bareilly.
No injury was reported to any passenger in the incident, which prima facie occurred due to rail fracture, late Sunday night.
The incident took place when three general coaches and guard van returning from Rohtak via Delhi derailed near Bhitaura Railway Station, they said.
An alert was sounded in Mordabad division and Divisional Railway Manager Sunil Mathur and ADRM Hitendra Mehrotra reached the control room and accident relief team was rushed to the spot, they said.
Rail traffic on the route was disrupted as some trains including Satyagrah Express and Nauchandi Express were stranded between Moradabad and Bareilly.
Rail traffic resumed after four bogies were removed and Intercity moved towards its destination.
Mathur said an inquiry would be conducted into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi