Four coaches of train derail
Bareilly: Four coaches of the Intercity Express derailed in Fatehganj Paschimi area, disrupting rail traffic between Moradabad and Bareilly.
No injury was reported to any passenger in the incident, which prima facie occurred due to rail fracture, late Sunday night.
The incident took place when three general coaches and guard van returning from Rohtak via Delhi derailed near Bhitaura Railway Station, they said.
An alert was sounded in Mordabad division and Divisional Railway Manager Sunil Mathur and ADRM Hitendra Mehrotra reached the control room and accident relief team was rushed to the spot, they said.
Rail traffic on the route was disrupted as some trains including Satyagrah Express and Nauchandi Express were stranded between Moradabad and Bareilly.
Rail traffic resumed after four bogies were removed and Intercity moved towards its destination.
Mathur said an inquiry would be conducted into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand