Four coaches of train derail
Bareilly: Four coaches of the Intercity Express derailed in Fatehganj Paschimi area, disrupting rail traffic between Moradabad and Bareilly.
No injury was reported to any passenger in the incident, which prima facie occurred due to rail fracture, late Sunday night.
The incident took place when three general coaches and guard van returning from Rohtak via Delhi derailed near Bhitaura Railway Station, they said.
An alert was sounded in Mordabad division and Divisional Railway Manager Sunil Mathur and ADRM Hitendra Mehrotra reached the control room and accident relief team was rushed to the spot, they said.
Rail traffic on the route was disrupted as some trains including Satyagrah Express and Nauchandi Express were stranded between Moradabad and Bareilly.
Rail traffic resumed after four bogies were removed and Intercity moved towards its destination.
Mathur said an inquiry would be conducted into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy