Four injured in Srinagar grenade explosion
Srinagar: Four people, including three passers-by and a paramilitary trooper, were injured in a separatist grenade attack in South Kashmir`s Pulwama town late Tuesday afternoon.
Police said the separatist guerrillas tossed the grenade at a passing Central Reserve Police Force fortified vehicle, known as a bunker. The grenade exploded on the road, injuring three passers-by and a CRPF trooper.
The injured have been evacuated to hospital for treatment. The area has been surrounded and a search mounted for the militants, police said.
The markets shut down in the wake of the explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH