Four injured in Srinagar grenade explosion
Srinagar: Four people, including three passers-by and a paramilitary trooper, were injured in a separatist grenade attack in South Kashmir`s Pulwama town late Tuesday afternoon.
Police said the separatist guerrillas tossed the grenade at a passing Central Reserve Police Force fortified vehicle, known as a bunker. The grenade exploded on the road, injuring three passers-by and a CRPF trooper.
The injured have been evacuated to hospital for treatment. The area has been surrounded and a search mounted for the militants, police said.
The markets shut down in the wake of the explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today