Four injured in Srinagar grenade explosion
Srinagar: Four people, including three passers-by and a paramilitary trooper, were injured in a separatist grenade attack in South Kashmir`s Pulwama town late Tuesday afternoon.
Police said the separatist guerrillas tossed the grenade at a passing Central Reserve Police Force fortified vehicle, known as a bunker. The grenade exploded on the road, injuring three passers-by and a CRPF trooper.
The injured have been evacuated to hospital for treatment. The area has been surrounded and a search mounted for the militants, police said.
The markets shut down in the wake of the explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption