Four killed, 43 injured in mishaps in Assam
Guwahati: At least four persons were
killed and 43 others injured, some of them seriously, in two
road mishaps in Assam on Sunday.
Police said four persons died on the sport and ten
others were injured when a mini-bus collided head on with
a motorcycle on Dibrugarh-Margherita road in upper Assam.
Among the dead were the two men on the motorcycle and
two passengers from the bus.
The injured have been rushed to Assam Medical
College hospital in Dibrugarh.
In another road accident in lower Assam, at least 33
persons were injured, six of them seriously when the bus in
which they were travelling lost control and turned turtle on
NH 31 at Madhapur in Baksa district, the police said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview
- Draft Bill for statehood of Delhi is ready: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- China, Japan foreign ministers hold rare talks to reduce mistrust in ties