Four Naxals surrender in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Naxals, including a woman, on Thursday surrendered in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district.
"The cadres surrendered before Narayanpur Superintendent of Police Amit Kamble at Benur police station of the district," said Additional SP N K Sahu.
Those arrested have been identified as - Ajay (21) and Bharat (22), the members of Kudur LOS (Local Operating Squad) of Maoist, Vinod (32) of Chinahri Sarkar Raksha Sakha and Sudha (23), a member of Kohkameta platoon no.1 of ultras.
They all were involved in several cases of crime ranging from loot, arson and murder in the region, Sahu said, adding, that of them, Vinod was active for past several years.
"Under pressure from security personnel and (due to) harsh forest life, he decided to quit and join the mainstream," the ASP said.
Sudha also claimed that she was abused, humiliated and beaten by senior naxal functionaries at times and was often denied basic facilities, Sahu said.
They will be rehabilitated as per the government policies, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey