Four Naxals surrender in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Naxals, including a woman, on Thursday surrendered in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district.
"The cadres surrendered before Narayanpur Superintendent of Police Amit Kamble at Benur police station of the district," said Additional SP N K Sahu.
Those arrested have been identified as - Ajay (21) and Bharat (22), the members of Kudur LOS (Local Operating Squad) of Maoist, Vinod (32) of Chinahri Sarkar Raksha Sakha and Sudha (23), a member of Kohkameta platoon no.1 of ultras.
They all were involved in several cases of crime ranging from loot, arson and murder in the region, Sahu said, adding, that of them, Vinod was active for past several years.
"Under pressure from security personnel and (due to) harsh forest life, he decided to quit and join the mainstream," the ASP said.
Sudha also claimed that she was abused, humiliated and beaten by senior naxal functionaries at times and was often denied basic facilities, Sahu said.
They will be rehabilitated as per the government policies, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH