Four Naxals surrender in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Naxals, including a woman, on Thursday surrendered in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district.
"The cadres surrendered before Narayanpur Superintendent of Police Amit Kamble at Benur police station of the district," said Additional SP N K Sahu.
Those arrested have been identified as - Ajay (21) and Bharat (22), the members of Kudur LOS (Local Operating Squad) of Maoist, Vinod (32) of Chinahri Sarkar Raksha Sakha and Sudha (23), a member of Kohkameta platoon no.1 of ultras.
They all were involved in several cases of crime ranging from loot, arson and murder in the region, Sahu said, adding, that of them, Vinod was active for past several years.
"Under pressure from security personnel and (due to) harsh forest life, he decided to quit and join the mainstream," the ASP said.
Sudha also claimed that she was abused, humiliated and beaten by senior naxal functionaries at times and was often denied basic facilities, Sahu said.
They will be rehabilitated as per the government policies, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley