Four new CRPF posts for anti-Naxal ops
New Delhi: The Union Home Ministry has
created four new specialised posts within the CRPF for
anti-Naxal operations in the aftermath of the gruesome
Under the new system, Pankaj Kumar Singh, an IPS officer
of the Rajasthan cadre, has been appointed as Inspector
General (Operations) in West Bengal.
Singh will exclusively deal with the anti-Naxal
operations in the state and will not be given any
Similarly, CRPF Eastern Sector IG Nageshwar Rao has been
moved to Orissa to take over the operations there in a similar
Sources said two more officers will also be earmarked
soon for Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh.
The need to have a specialised person heading anti-Maoist
operations was felt following the Dantewada Naxal attack of
April six which claimed the lives of 76 security personnel.
As per the E N Rammohan committee that went into the
circumstances of the massacre, there was lack of coordination
and violation of Standard Operating Procedures.
The new system is a drastic shift from the earlier where
there was only one IG level officer in the headquarters to
look after operations of the entire force.
Jammu and Kashmir was the only state earlier where the
force had a separate IG level officer to look after the
Also on the anvil is a process for greater coordination
between the Central and state police forces, the need for
which was also mentioned by Rammohan, the former BSF chief who
led a one-man inquiry into the Dantewada incident. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why