Four tonnes of sandalwood seized on Indo-Nepal border: 3 held
Siddarthnagar: About four tonnes of
sandalwood, being smuggled to Nepal, were seized in a border
area in Siddarthnagar and three persons arrested in this connection.
A truck loaded with 4,000 kilograms of sandalwood was
intercepted near Badhni on Indo-Nepal border on Saturday evening,
Custom Department sources said.
Three alleged smugglers travelling on the vehicle have
been arrested, they said.
The sandalwood was being smuggled from Karnataka to
Nepal, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof