Four-week Law course for middle-level commanders opens at IML
Nagpur: Discipline is the backbone of Indian Army and maintaining it is sine qua non for its high efficiency, said Bombay High Court judge Justice ZA Haq here.
Justice Haq was addressing student officers at Institute of Military Law (IML), Kamptee here yesterday after formally introducing a four-week Middle Level Commanders and Staff Officers Law Course in the prestigious institute.
"The Army earns great respect from the countrymen since it works in extremely difficult conditions to provide security to the nation. The fair administration of justice in the Army keeps the faith of soldier in Military Judicial System intact and boosts the functional efficiency," he said.
The course is being attended by Senior officers in the rank of Colonels, Lt Colonels and Majors.
These officers hail from various locations and handle discipline and vigilance cases of the Army as staff officers and play key role in dispensation of Military Justice amongst rank and file.
Justice Haq called upon officers attending the course to understand the nuances of law properly which would make them confident in handling their duties efficiently as per laid down law.
Commandant of the institute Brigadier DK Ahluwalia said that increased litigation before Armed Forces Tribunals, High Courts and Supreme Court can be efficiently handled only when the disciplinary proceedings are judiciously conducted as per law.
The hands of Military Commanders which are empowered by Military Law to punish offender and prevent offences can be strengthened when the legal advisors perform their duties in tune with professional ethics and keeping the Human angle in mind, he said.
IML Kamptee imparts training in Military and allied laws towards maintenance of discipline and administration of justice in the Forces a release from Defence PRO said today.
Apart from Army, Navy, Air Force & Paramilitary Forces, officers belonging to Border Security Force, Coast Guard, GREF etc are also trained by IML in the stream of law.
The course will conclude on August 09, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan