Fourteen Lankan fishermen arrested off AP coast
Rajahmundry (AP): Following the arrest of 11 Sri Lankan fishermen on May 1, the Indian Coast Guard has arrested another 14 fishermen from the island nation for entering illegally into Indian waters, Marine Police said here on Friday.
Three mechanised fibre boats and 1,500 kg of tuna fish catch was seized in the action taken by the Indian Coast Guard.
Coast Guard spotted the three Sri Lankan boats off Isukapalli coast in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh yesterday and took the fishermen into custody, said Pavan Kishore, a Marine Police officer, in a press release here today.
They were handed over to Kakinada Marine police.
On May 1, Coast Guard had arrested 11 fishermen from Sri Lanka off Andhra Pradesh coast and seized two boats with 350 kg of tuna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt