Fourth accused in Pune blast case arrested
New Delhi: The Special Cell of Delhi Police has arrested a fourth suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative allegedly involved in the August 1 Pune blast, an official said on Wednesday. Three other accused were arrested earlier.
The accused identified as Landge Irfan Mustafa, 30, was arrested near a bus stand in Jaipur on October 10, police said.
"Mustafa was one of the other accused in the Pune blast. Till now four terrorist involved in the Pune blast have been arrested and two more are still absconding," said Special Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) SN Srivastava.
Mustafa is undergoing 20 days of police custody, which ends on October 30.
Asad Khan, 33, and Imran Khan, 31 were arrested from South Delhi on September 26. The third alleged operative, Sayed Feroz alias Hamza, 38, was arrested on October 1 from the Nizamuddin Railway Station here.
"They had approached Delhi for a terrorist attack in festive seasons. Around five kg of improvised explosive devices, 10 detonators and some incriminating materials were recovered from them," claimed a police officer.
Interrogation of the three alleged terrorists led to the identification of Mustafa after which he was apprehended.
"In the month of July 2012, Riyaz Bhatkal, one of the IM chief, instructed Mustafa to arrange a rented accommodation in Pune. He along with Feroz occupied a rented room at Kasarwadi (Pune) without submitting any document or identity proof," claimed Srivastava.
"He received two more terrorists, who are still absconding, whom he met November 2011 in Pune. He took them to his rented house where they had prepared Improvised Electronic Devises (IEDs)," said the officer.
Mustafa allegedly used to receive hawala money from Riyaz Bhatkal for further terrorist activity.
Explaining, about Mustafa`s introduction with the other three terrorists, Srivastava claimed that he came in contact with Imran, who was his neighbour in Ahmed Nagar.
They shared the same `jehadi` ideology and remained in regular touch.
"In July 2007 his younger sister, Gohar, got married to Asad in Aurangabad. This relation led to his frequent visit to Aurangabad and he introduced Asad to Imran. While in mid 2010, he met Feroz," the officer said.
Mustafa worked in TVS ICS company as an engineer from January 2008 to May-June 2009. In 2011, he along with Asad and Imran started real estate business in Aurangabad.
All of the accused visited Saudi Arabia several times to get ideological training, added the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon