France condemns `cowardly` Mumbai attacks
Paris: France has condemned the "cowardly and blind" attacks in Mumbai while reaffirming its support for India in the fight against terrorism.
"As the city of Mumbai is again hit by a series of terrorist attacks, the president of the Republic firmly condemns the cowardly and blind violence and wants to express France`s full solidarity with India`s authorities in these painful hours," said a statement issued by President Nicolas
Sarkozy`s office yesterday.
"More than ever France is standing by India in its fight against the scourge of terrorism," the statement added. French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe earlier described the attacks as "barbaric" and said they evoked "horror and indignation".
"I condemn them in the strongest possible terms," the minister said in a statement.
"France reaffirms its support to India and the Indian people in the fight against terrorism in all its forms."
Three simultaneous blasts went off in India`s commercial capital last evening, killing at least 21 people and injuring 141.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year
- These MPs may become ministers if PM Modi goes in for Cabinet reshuffle - List Inside
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH
- 7th Pay Commission: LIVE streaming of FM Jaitley Cabinet briefing
- Instead of holidaying in Bangkok, Ravi Shastri should have been physically present for high-profile coach interview: Sourav Ganguly