France condemns `cowardly` Mumbai attacks
Paris: France has condemned the "cowardly and blind" attacks in Mumbai while reaffirming its support for India in the fight against terrorism.
"As the city of Mumbai is again hit by a series of terrorist attacks, the president of the Republic firmly condemns the cowardly and blind violence and wants to express France`s full solidarity with India`s authorities in these painful hours," said a statement issued by President Nicolas
Sarkozy`s office yesterday.
"More than ever France is standing by India in its fight against the scourge of terrorism," the statement added. French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe earlier described the attacks as "barbaric" and said they evoked "horror and indignation".
"I condemn them in the strongest possible terms," the minister said in a statement.
"France reaffirms its support to India and the Indian people in the fight against terrorism in all its forms."
Three simultaneous blasts went off in India`s commercial capital last evening, killing at least 21 people and injuring 141.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Naseeruddin Shah wants to write tell-all book on Bollywood
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Mi 5 open sale to begin at 2 pm on May 25
- Beware! Your bread may cause cancer - Chemicals found in pizzas, burgers of seven Delhi fast food outlets
- Celine Dion dedicates Billboard Icon Award to late husband
- Video alert! Here's how Karan Singh Grover surprised Bipasha Basu on their wedding day