Free bus passes for women in Delhi on Raksha Bandhan
New Delhi: Women in the national capital would be able to travel free in DTC as well low-floor buses on `Raksha Bandhan` day on August 5.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said the decision to
provide free travel to women has been taken to ensure that
they could reach easily to the places of their brothers on the
"They would be allowed free ride in all DTC ordinary
buses and green low-floor buses till 5 pm on that day,"
Dikshit said in a statement here.
Dikshit also conveyed her greetings on the occasion of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation