Free bus passes for women in Delhi on Raksha Bandhan
New Delhi: Women in the national capital would be able to travel free in DTC as well low-floor buses on `Raksha Bandhan` day on August 5.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said the decision to
provide free travel to women has been taken to ensure that
they could reach easily to the places of their brothers on the
"They would be allowed free ride in all DTC ordinary
buses and green low-floor buses till 5 pm on that day,"
Dikshit said in a statement here.
Dikshit also conveyed her greetings on the occasion of
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference