Free food, lodging for Badrinath-Kedarnath pilgrims
Dehra Dun: The Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee on Thursday said it would provide free food and lodging to pilgrims who cannot afford the facilities.
A decision to this effect was taken at a recent meeting of the committee, its president Anusuiya Prasad Bhatt said, adding free food and lodging facilities for pilgrims would be implemented from the coming season.
Bhatt said the committee would construct tent colonies at bus terminuses at Badrinath and Gaurikund near Kedarnath. A tender process has already been started for the purpose, he said.
Nearly 2000 pilgrims can be accommodated in the tent colonies every day, he said, adding the committee had made successful arrangements for pilgrims when road links snapped due to landslides and cloudbursts last year.
The yatra season for the Chardhams, comprising Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri, commences May 6. These shrines attract lakhs of pilgrims during the season from April-May to October-November every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city