Free food, lodging for Badrinath-Kedarnath pilgrims
Dehra Dun: The Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee on Thursday said it would provide free food and lodging to pilgrims who cannot afford the facilities.
A decision to this effect was taken at a recent meeting of the committee, its president Anusuiya Prasad Bhatt said, adding free food and lodging facilities for pilgrims would be implemented from the coming season.
Bhatt said the committee would construct tent colonies at bus terminuses at Badrinath and Gaurikund near Kedarnath. A tender process has already been started for the purpose, he said.
Nearly 2000 pilgrims can be accommodated in the tent colonies every day, he said, adding the committee had made successful arrangements for pilgrims when road links snapped due to landslides and cloudbursts last year.
The yatra season for the Chardhams, comprising Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri, commences May 6. These shrines attract lakhs of pilgrims during the season from April-May to October-November every year.
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments