Free food, lodging for Badrinath-Kedarnath pilgrims
Dehra Dun: The Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee on Thursday said it would provide free food and lodging to pilgrims who cannot afford the facilities.
A decision to this effect was taken at a recent meeting of the committee, its president Anusuiya Prasad Bhatt said, adding free food and lodging facilities for pilgrims would be implemented from the coming season.
Bhatt said the committee would construct tent colonies at bus terminuses at Badrinath and Gaurikund near Kedarnath. A tender process has already been started for the purpose, he said.
Nearly 2000 pilgrims can be accommodated in the tent colonies every day, he said, adding the committee had made successful arrangements for pilgrims when road links snapped due to landslides and cloudbursts last year.
The yatra season for the Chardhams, comprising Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri, commences May 6. These shrines attract lakhs of pilgrims during the season from April-May to October-November every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price