Free food, lodging for Badrinath-Kedarnath pilgrims
Dehra Dun: The Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee on Thursday said it would provide free food and lodging to pilgrims who cannot afford the facilities.
A decision to this effect was taken at a recent meeting of the committee, its president Anusuiya Prasad Bhatt said, adding free food and lodging facilities for pilgrims would be implemented from the coming season.
Bhatt said the committee would construct tent colonies at bus terminuses at Badrinath and Gaurikund near Kedarnath. A tender process has already been started for the purpose, he said.
Nearly 2000 pilgrims can be accommodated in the tent colonies every day, he said, adding the committee had made successful arrangements for pilgrims when road links snapped due to landslides and cloudbursts last year.
The yatra season for the Chardhams, comprising Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri, commences May 6. These shrines attract lakhs of pilgrims during the season from April-May to October-November every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test