Free food, lodging for Badrinath-Kedarnath pilgrims
Dehra Dun: The Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee on Thursday said it would provide free food and lodging to pilgrims who cannot afford the facilities.
A decision to this effect was taken at a recent meeting of the committee, its president Anusuiya Prasad Bhatt said, adding free food and lodging facilities for pilgrims would be implemented from the coming season.
Bhatt said the committee would construct tent colonies at bus terminuses at Badrinath and Gaurikund near Kedarnath. A tender process has already been started for the purpose, he said.
Nearly 2000 pilgrims can be accommodated in the tent colonies every day, he said, adding the committee had made successful arrangements for pilgrims when road links snapped due to landslides and cloudbursts last year.
The yatra season for the Chardhams, comprising Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri, commences May 6. These shrines attract lakhs of pilgrims during the season from April-May to October-November every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down
- Turkish military, US-led coalition launch major operation in northern Syria - officials
- US condemns North Korea missile test-fire, calls it 'provocation'
- Naxal killed in encounter in Chhattisgarh's Sukma