Free `Jaipur Foot` for Arunima
Jaipur: Arunima can now walk once again
with a city-based NGO on Friday deciding to provide the athlete,
who lost her leg after she was thrown out of a train by
robbers, with a `Jaipur Foot` free of cost.
"Arunima (Sinha) would be equipped with the Jaipur
Foot free of cost and the Samiti would provide free boarding
and lodging to Arunima and her family members. We will also
bear the cost of their travel," an official of the Bhagwan
Mahaveer Viklang Sahayata Samiti (BMVSS) said here.
"The samiti is trying to establish contacts with her
family members," he said.
The artificial limb, indigenously developed by the
BMVSS), cost around Rs 1,551.
The BMVSS has also held camps at Sri Lanka, Lebanon,
Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq and Rwanda where the physically
challenged were provided with Jaipur foot, calipers and other
Arunima alias Sonu, a national-level volleyball player
of Uttar Pradesh, was pushed out of the Padmavat Express in
Bareilly on Monday night by three men trying to snatch her
gold chain. The 23-year-old athlete lost her left leg in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes