Free `Jaipur Foot` for Arunima
Jaipur: Arunima can now walk once again
with a city-based NGO on Friday deciding to provide the athlete,
who lost her leg after she was thrown out of a train by
robbers, with a `Jaipur Foot` free of cost.
"Arunima (Sinha) would be equipped with the Jaipur
Foot free of cost and the Samiti would provide free boarding
and lodging to Arunima and her family members. We will also
bear the cost of their travel," an official of the Bhagwan
Mahaveer Viklang Sahayata Samiti (BMVSS) said here.
"The samiti is trying to establish contacts with her
family members," he said.
The artificial limb, indigenously developed by the
BMVSS), cost around Rs 1,551.
The BMVSS has also held camps at Sri Lanka, Lebanon,
Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq and Rwanda where the physically
challenged were provided with Jaipur foot, calipers and other
Arunima alias Sonu, a national-level volleyball player
of Uttar Pradesh, was pushed out of the Padmavat Express in
Bareilly on Monday night by three men trying to snatch her
gold chain. The 23-year-old athlete lost her left leg in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- DNA: Today in History | 25th August, 2016
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- PM Modi pips Amitabh Bachchan, becomes most followed Indian on Twitter
- Tips to treat minor burns at home!
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG
- Clinton tops 50% support from US voters in latest poll
- Bihar floods kill eight more; water recedes in UP but still in red