Free `Jaipur Foot` for Arunima
Jaipur: Arunima can now walk once again
with a city-based NGO on Friday deciding to provide the athlete,
who lost her leg after she was thrown out of a train by
robbers, with a `Jaipur Foot` free of cost.
"Arunima (Sinha) would be equipped with the Jaipur
Foot free of cost and the Samiti would provide free boarding
and lodging to Arunima and her family members. We will also
bear the cost of their travel," an official of the Bhagwan
Mahaveer Viklang Sahayata Samiti (BMVSS) said here.
"The samiti is trying to establish contacts with her
family members," he said.
The artificial limb, indigenously developed by the
BMVSS), cost around Rs 1,551.
The BMVSS has also held camps at Sri Lanka, Lebanon,
Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq and Rwanda where the physically
challenged were provided with Jaipur foot, calipers and other
Arunima alias Sonu, a national-level volleyball player
of Uttar Pradesh, was pushed out of the Padmavat Express in
Bareilly on Monday night by three men trying to snatch her
gold chain. The 23-year-old athlete lost her left leg in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen