Free `Jaipur Foot` for Arunima
Jaipur: Arunima can now walk once again
with a city-based NGO on Friday deciding to provide the athlete,
who lost her leg after she was thrown out of a train by
robbers, with a `Jaipur Foot` free of cost.
"Arunima (Sinha) would be equipped with the Jaipur
Foot free of cost and the Samiti would provide free boarding
and lodging to Arunima and her family members. We will also
bear the cost of their travel," an official of the Bhagwan
Mahaveer Viklang Sahayata Samiti (BMVSS) said here.
"The samiti is trying to establish contacts with her
family members," he said.
The artificial limb, indigenously developed by the
BMVSS), cost around Rs 1,551.
The BMVSS has also held camps at Sri Lanka, Lebanon,
Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq and Rwanda where the physically
challenged were provided with Jaipur foot, calipers and other
Arunima alias Sonu, a national-level volleyball player
of Uttar Pradesh, was pushed out of the Padmavat Express in
Bareilly on Monday night by three men trying to snatch her
gold chain. The 23-year-old athlete lost her left leg in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing