Free medical treatment for Anna
New Delhi: Activist Anna Hazare was not billed for his four-day medical treatment at a Gurgaon hospital, an aide said on Thursday.
Hazare was admitted to the Medanta Medicity hospital Sunday morning shortly after he broke his 288-hour fast following members from both houses of parliament agreeing to proposed changes in the anti-corruption Lokpal Bill.
"He (Hazare) was not charged for his treatment at Medanta Medicity. He is totally fine now," a member from India Against Corruption, which backs Hazare, told a news agency.
Hundreds of Hazare`s supporters had offered to pay his bills on Wednesday.
Hazare was under the medical supervision of cardiologist Naresh Trehan.
Hazare reached his village Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra early Thursday after being discharged Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'