Free monthly train tickets for girl students from
New Delhi: The Railways has decided to extend
the free monthly seasonal tickets -- for local travel -- to girl students pursuing professional and vocational courses from July 1.
As per the existing provisions, girl students up to
graduation are eligible for free Monthly Season Tickets (MSTs)
for travel between station serving their school or college to
"It has been decided to extend the existing concession to
girl students who are pursuing professional and vocational
courses which include MBBS, BE, B Tech, BBA and BCA, as
announced by the then Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee in
Parliament during discussion on Railway Budget 2011-12," a
senior Railway Ministry official here said.
The concession will be admissible on MSTs purchased on
and after July 1, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray