Free passes for freedom fighters in Rajdhani, Shatabdi
New Delhi: The Railway Ministry has decided to
issue complimentary passes to freedom fighters and their
widows in Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Jan Shatabdi trains.
They can now avail complimentary passes in 1st Class,
2nd AC, 3rd AC compartments in Rajdhani and chair cars of
Shatabdi and Jan Shatabdi trains along with a companion in
same class, in addition to the existing facility.
The decision to permit freedom fighters to travel in
Rajdhani/Shatabdi train was taken by the Railways after
consultations with the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Earlier, the freedom fighters/their widows receiving
pension from central revenues under the Swatantrata Sainik
Samman Pension Scheme of the Home Ministry were issued
complimentary card passes on life time basis for free travel
on all trains (except Metro Railway, Kolkata) in 1st Class/2nd
AC along with a companion in same class by any train other
than Rajdhani/Shatabdi trains.
With the new decision, the complimentary passes will also
be valid for travel in 3rd AC of Rajdhani and chair car of
Shatabdi/Jan-Shatabdi trains along with a companion in same
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions
- Diesel prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch
- ISIS makes Indian terrorist its poster boy in new video to lure youth from country
- Russian GP: Nico Rosberg wins seventh race in succession as Lewis Hamilton recovers to second spot