Freed 17 Indian sailors return home
Mumbai: Seventeen Indian sailors, after spending nearly 11 months in captivity, have finally returned home.
The sailors were onboard merchant vessel MT Savina Caylyn that was hijacked by Somali pirates in February last year near Yemen. It was freed in December after the Italian-flagged oil tanker’s owner paid a ransom of USD 11.5 million.
Of the 17 sailors, 13 landed in Mumbai while the remaining four directly flew to their respective cities.
There were in total 22 crew members on the ship when it was hijacked.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India