Freed 17 Indian sailors return home
Mumbai: Seventeen Indian sailors, after spending nearly 11 months in captivity, have finally returned home.
The sailors were onboard merchant vessel MT Savina Caylyn that was hijacked by Somali pirates in February last year near Yemen. It was freed in December after the Italian-flagged oil tanker’s owner paid a ransom of USD 11.5 million.
Of the 17 sailors, 13 landed in Mumbai while the remaining four directly flew to their respective cities.
There were in total 22 crew members on the ship when it was hijacked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL