Freed 17 Indian sailors return home
Mumbai: Seventeen Indian sailors, after spending nearly 11 months in captivity, have finally returned home.
The sailors were onboard merchant vessel MT Savina Caylyn that was hijacked by Somali pirates in February last year near Yemen. It was freed in December after the Italian-flagged oil tanker’s owner paid a ransom of USD 11.5 million.
Of the 17 sailors, 13 landed in Mumbai while the remaining four directly flew to their respective cities.
There were in total 22 crew members on the ship when it was hijacked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!