Freed Indian sailors to reach India on Saturday
New Delhi: Six Indian sailors freed by Somali pirates after more than two and a half years of captivity are to reach India Saturday evening.
According to official sources Friday, the six Indians were among 22 sailors on board cargo ship MV Iceberg, which was freed by the pirates just before Christmas. The ship and its crew were taken captive in March 2010.
The freed sailors also include seafarers from Pakistan, Yemen, Ghana, Sudan and the Philippines.
"They head home and are expected to reach India by late tomorrow (Saturday)," an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch