Freed Indian sailors to reach India on Saturday
New Delhi: Six Indian sailors freed by Somali pirates after more than two and a half years of captivity are to reach India Saturday evening.
According to official sources Friday, the six Indians were among 22 sailors on board cargo ship MV Iceberg, which was freed by the pirates just before Christmas. The ship and its crew were taken captive in March 2010.
The freed sailors also include seafarers from Pakistan, Yemen, Ghana, Sudan and the Philippines.
"They head home and are expected to reach India by late tomorrow (Saturday)," an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song