Freedom fighters` complimentary pass valid in Duronto trains
New Delhi: Freedom fighters along with their companions will be able to travel in Duronto trains now as Railways has decided to relaxed rules allowing complimentary pass holders to avail the premier train service.
Complimentary passes issued to freedom fighters and their widows are valid in Duronto trains, according to a notification issued by Railways.
CRIS will make necessary modifications in the software accordingly.
Freedom fighters receiving pension from government are issued complimentary passes on life-time basis for free rail travel in First AC and Second AC classes along with one companion in same class in any train including Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains except Kolkata Metro.
However, these passes were not valid in the premier Duronto trains launched in 2010. There are 23 Duronto trains operational so far.
Railways has now decided to that complimentary passes issued to freedom fighters/their widows shall also be valid for travel in 2AC and 3AC in Duronto trains along with companion in same class.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?