Freedom fighters` complimentary pass valid in Duronto trains
New Delhi: Freedom fighters along with their companions will be able to travel in Duronto trains now as Railways has decided to relaxed rules allowing complimentary pass holders to avail the premier train service.
Complimentary passes issued to freedom fighters and their widows are valid in Duronto trains, according to a notification issued by Railways.
CRIS will make necessary modifications in the software accordingly.
Freedom fighters receiving pension from government are issued complimentary passes on life-time basis for free rail travel in First AC and Second AC classes along with one companion in same class in any train including Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains except Kolkata Metro.
However, these passes were not valid in the premier Duronto trains launched in 2010. There are 23 Duronto trains operational so far.
Railways has now decided to that complimentary passes issued to freedom fighters/their widows shall also be valid for travel in 2AC and 3AC in Duronto trains along with companion in same class.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city