French consulate official`s bail plea adjourned
Bangalore: A fast track court on Thursday adjourned to July 9 hearing of the bail application filed by French Consulate official Pascal Mazurier, who was arrested on the charge of raping his four-year-old daughter.
Judge Ashok Patil adjourned the hearing to Monday after police filed objections to the bail application.
Mazurier had filed the bail petition yesterday.
A magisterial court on July 3 had extended by 14 days the judicial custody of Mazurier who was arrested on June 19 on the basis of a complaint filed by his Indian wife Suja Jones, a native of Kerala, alleging that he had raped their four-year-old daughter.
Mazurier is the Deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video