French consulate official`s bail plea adjourned
Bangalore: A fast track court on Thursday adjourned to July 9 hearing of the bail application filed by French Consulate official Pascal Mazurier, who was arrested on the charge of raping his four-year-old daughter.
Judge Ashok Patil adjourned the hearing to Monday after police filed objections to the bail application.
Mazurier had filed the bail petition yesterday.
A magisterial court on July 3 had extended by 14 days the judicial custody of Mazurier who was arrested on June 19 on the basis of a complaint filed by his Indian wife Suja Jones, a native of Kerala, alleging that he had raped their four-year-old daughter.
Mazurier is the Deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites