French diplomat`s wife writes to Home Minister, MEA
Bangalore: The wife of the French diplomat, who has been accused of raping his three-and-a half year-old daughter, has appealed to the Government to ensure that the official faces trial in India even if he enjoys diplomatic immunity.
In a letter to Home Minister P Chidambaram and External Affairs Minister SM Krishna, Suja Jones Mazurier has requested that her husband, Pascal Mazurier, be restrained from leaving the country till legal proceedings were completed and that under no circumstance should he be allowed custody of their children, who are French nationals.
Asha S Basu, counsel for Suja Jones Mazurier, who has written the letters on her behalf, sought protection for her client and her children.
Suja Jones also wanted the French Embassy to be directed to help her with legal and financial assistance, as she was currently unemployed and has to take care of their children.
Suja Jones, an Indian citizen, said she is married to Pascal Mazurier, Deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France, Bangalore and have three children- a seven year-old son, the victim and a 20-month-old son.
She said apart from High Grounds police station here registering a case of rape against the diplomat, in view of the "medical evidence", the Baptist hospital, Bangalore has also registered a medico-legal case against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Gerard Pique agrees with extra holidays for Neymar
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31