French national chargesheeted for drug peddling
New Delhi: A French national has been chargesheeted by Delhi Police for allegedly exporting narcotic substances to foreign countries through courier from here.
Bregand Olivier, 31, has been chargesheeted by the Crime Branch of Delhi Police in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Narinder Kumar under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act for procuring huge quantity of contraband from here and sending it abroad through courier.
Olivier has been chargesheeted under section 22 NDPS Act for selling and purchasing psychotropic substances. One Nagendra Yadav, a native of Bihar, has also been chargesheeted in the matter with police saying he used to supply the contraband to Olivier.
Olivier was arrested on September 5 near Paharganj area on the basis of information given by an informer. Police said Olivier used to come to Delhi and stay in Pahargaj area. During his stay here, he used to procure Ketamine, more commonly known as party drug, and courier it.
Police said that at the time of his arrest, Olivier was taking a big bag to a courier company but was intercepted by police team. On search of the bag, the team found a courier packet addressed to one Nicole Fernandes at Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago. The packet contained eight kilograms of ketamine and ten ketamine injections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!