French nationals` molestation: Jodhpur court sends two men in judicial custody
Jodhpur: A court in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, has sent two men accused of molesting two French women to 15 days of judicial custody.
The French women were visiting a park in the city when the accused tried to force themselves upon the tourists.
The women filed a case under Section 164 of the Indian Penal Code, after which the accused were presented before the court.
"The women presented themselves and their statement was recorded by the magistrate. Their case has been registered under Section 164. The accused were also brought to the court and they have been sent to judicial custody for 15 days. The punishment or fine will be decided soon," said Kishor Singh, a police official in Jodhpur.
Cases of attempt to rape and molestation have been filed against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video