French official will get `due punishment` through courts: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday said the French Consulate official, accused of raping his three-and-a-half- year-old daughter, will get his "due punishment" through the courts here.
"This is the worst kind of crime that can be committed. We deeply abhor this crime and the law has taken its course. He has been arrested. The process will be on and he will get his due punishment through the courts," Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur said.
The French official, Pascal Mazurier, was arrested in Bangalore today, a day after the Ministry Home Affairs clarified to the city police that the accused did not enjoy any diplomatic immunity and action can be taken as per law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Next steps for European Union after Brexit
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in