French official will get `due punishment` through courts: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday said the French Consulate official, accused of raping his three-and-a-half- year-old daughter, will get his "due punishment" through the courts here.
"This is the worst kind of crime that can be committed. We deeply abhor this crime and the law has taken its course. He has been arrested. The process will be on and he will get his due punishment through the courts," Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur said.
The French official, Pascal Mazurier, was arrested in Bangalore today, a day after the Ministry Home Affairs clarified to the city police that the accused did not enjoy any diplomatic immunity and action can be taken as per law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur