French official will get `due punishment` through courts: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday said the French Consulate official, accused of raping his three-and-a-half- year-old daughter, will get his "due punishment" through the courts here.
"This is the worst kind of crime that can be committed. We deeply abhor this crime and the law has taken its course. He has been arrested. The process will be on and he will get his due punishment through the courts," Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur said.
The French official, Pascal Mazurier, was arrested in Bangalore today, a day after the Ministry Home Affairs clarified to the city police that the accused did not enjoy any diplomatic immunity and action can be taken as per law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!