French official will get `due punishment` through courts: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday said the French Consulate official, accused of raping his three-and-a-half- year-old daughter, will get his "due punishment" through the courts here.
"This is the worst kind of crime that can be committed. We deeply abhor this crime and the law has taken its course. He has been arrested. The process will be on and he will get his due punishment through the courts," Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur said.
The French official, Pascal Mazurier, was arrested in Bangalore today, a day after the Ministry Home Affairs clarified to the city police that the accused did not enjoy any diplomatic immunity and action can be taken as per law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men