French President to visit India on February 14
New Delhi: France`s President Francois Hollande will be on a two-day state visit to India from February 14 along with his companion Valerie Trierweiler at the invitation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Hollande will also be accompanied by a high-level delegation, including several key Cabinet ministers, senior officials, business-persons and media, a statement said on Saturday.
The French President will arrive in New Delhi on February 14 morning. He will hold delegation level talks with the Prime Minister, while External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid will pay a call on him.
United Progressive Alliance chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will also call on the French President, said the statement.
On February 15, Hollande will deliver a lecture at the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, Teen Murti House. He is to honour Nobel laureate Amartya Sen with Commandeur de la Legion d`Honneur.
He will then visit Mumbai where he will participate in a business conference, the statement said.
India-France ties have been laid on strong historical foundations and shared values. With upgradation to strategic partnership in 1998, the relationship has become multifaceted and symbiotic in areas such as defence, civil nuclear energy, space and counter terrorism.
Khurshid visited France last month to hold talks with his counterpart Laurent Fabius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them