French President to visit India on February 14
New Delhi: France`s President Francois Hollande will be on a two-day state visit to India from February 14 along with his companion Valerie Trierweiler at the invitation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Hollande will also be accompanied by a high-level delegation, including several key Cabinet ministers, senior officials, business-persons and media, a statement said on Saturday.
The French President will arrive in New Delhi on February 14 morning. He will hold delegation level talks with the Prime Minister, while External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid will pay a call on him.
United Progressive Alliance chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will also call on the French President, said the statement.
On February 15, Hollande will deliver a lecture at the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, Teen Murti House. He is to honour Nobel laureate Amartya Sen with Commandeur de la Legion d`Honneur.
He will then visit Mumbai where he will participate in a business conference, the statement said.
India-France ties have been laid on strong historical foundations and shared values. With upgradation to strategic partnership in 1998, the relationship has become multifaceted and symbiotic in areas such as defence, civil nuclear energy, space and counter terrorism.
Khurshid visited France last month to hold talks with his counterpart Laurent Fabius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok