French Prez likely to visit India early next year
New Delhi: French President Nicolas
Sarkozy is expected to visit the country early next year,
probably accompanied by supermodel-wife Carla Bruni this time
and the Presidential couple may visit Taj Mahal.
"We are planning the visit of the President sometime
early next year. We were trying to do it this year but because
of G-20, Copenhagen Summit and other international events, the
calender is cramped," Ambassador of France to India Jerome
Bonnafont said here today.
Asked if Sarkozy will also go to see Taj Mahal along
with his wife, as desired by the President during his 2008
visit, the Ambassador said "why not".
Sarkozy, 52, visited Agra in January 2008 after
attending the Republic Day celebrations in Delhi, where he was
the chief guest and had reportedly expressed desire to see the
monument of love with his lady love.
However, Bonnafont said it was too early to say
anything on the visit.
On whether both sides would sign some agreements or
MoUs during Sarkozy`s visit, he said it was expected but "it
was too early to say how the package will look like."
The visit is definitely meant to boost the
considerable ties both countries share, evident from the
visits of both Sarkozy and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in
the past two years, he said.
He said there were nearly 1.2 lakh Indians employed in
French companies in India and at present, the bilateral trade
figure was about 6.8 billion Euros.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof