French Prez`s companion visits orphanage
New Delhi: Children at an orphanage here were left awestruck as Valerie Trierweiler, the companion of visiting French President Francois Hollande, took some of them on her lap for a cuddle while spending time with them.
As Hollande was busy holding talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other top leaders on the first day of his visit, 47-year-old Trierweiler headed to a home for orphans which has been supported by the French embassy.
"I studied but there are no studies for becoming a first lady. I am trying to do my best," Trierweiler said jokingly when a 10-year-old boy asked her how to become a first lady.
Trierweiler said she wants to champion the cause of children`s welfare.
The children at the home presented impromptu songs and dance and a visibly moved Trierweiler picked some of the children onto her lap. She also presented them gifts.
The Government of India has extended all courtesies to Trierweiler, a twice-divorced mother of three, as per protocol given to a first lady.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda