French Prez`s companion visits orphanage
New Delhi: Children at an orphanage here were left awestruck as Valerie Trierweiler, the companion of visiting French President Francois Hollande, took some of them on her lap for a cuddle while spending time with them.
As Hollande was busy holding talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other top leaders on the first day of his visit, 47-year-old Trierweiler headed to a home for orphans which has been supported by the French embassy.
"I studied but there are no studies for becoming a first lady. I am trying to do my best," Trierweiler said jokingly when a 10-year-old boy asked her how to become a first lady.
Trierweiler said she wants to champion the cause of children`s welfare.
The children at the home presented impromptu songs and dance and a visibly moved Trierweiler picked some of the children onto her lap. She also presented them gifts.
The Government of India has extended all courtesies to Trierweiler, a twice-divorced mother of three, as per protocol given to a first lady.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands