French woman found dead in Udaipur hotel
Udaipur: A French tourist working as an air
hostess with a Swiss airline was found dead under suspicious
circumstances in her hotel room here.
Her body was sent to Delhi on Tuesday after a post mortem
which found that her death had been caused by an overdose of
alcohol, the police said here today.
Anny was found dead in her room at a hotel here on the
morning of March 6.
An Indian friend of Anny`s named Dhruv, who was initially
detained on suspicion the day she was found dead, said in his
statement to the police that he had drinks with her on the
According to the police Anny`s body bore injury marks
on the head and on two sides of her neck that initially raised
suspicion on the circumstances leading to her death.
But later it was found that Anny had met with an accident
while returning here from Pushkar in a car on March 2 in the
company of her friend Lia and their Indian contacts.
Anny and her friend Lia had came to India on February 22
on a tourist visa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report