Fresh alert for World Cup final in Mumbai
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has received a fresh terror alert for the upcoming cricket World Cup final in Mumbai on April 2.
Reports said on Saturday that at least 17 suspected persons are believed to have purchased tickets for the final match to be played at Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium.
Intelligence agencies believe the suspects are likely to travel to Mumbai via Bangladesh.
The fresh alert came a day after the Pakistani Foreign Ministry warned of a possible terror attack on major events in India, specifically the ICC World Cup final.
According to media reports emanating from Pakistan, the Foreign Office has urged the Indian government to put all the main cities on high alert till April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mahindra First Choice Services enter West Bengal
- Brexit shock: Tata Motors' stock nosedives; JLR discounts any worries
- Attention users: New malware commits data theft by the sound of your processor!
- Tattoo alert: Reasons why you shouldn't get inked with any religious symbol!
- Oops! Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah gets kissed by woman in public — Watch video