Fresh alert for World Cup final in Mumbai
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has received a fresh terror alert for the upcoming cricket World Cup final in Mumbai on April 2.
Reports said on Saturday that at least 17 suspected persons are believed to have purchased tickets for the final match to be played at Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium.
Intelligence agencies believe the suspects are likely to travel to Mumbai via Bangladesh.
The fresh alert came a day after the Pakistani Foreign Ministry warned of a possible terror attack on major events in India, specifically the ICC World Cup final.
According to media reports emanating from Pakistan, the Foreign Office has urged the Indian government to put all the main cities on high alert till April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing