Fresh alert for World Cup final in Mumbai
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has received a fresh terror alert for the upcoming cricket World Cup final in Mumbai on April 2.
Reports said on Saturday that at least 17 suspected persons are believed to have purchased tickets for the final match to be played at Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium.
Intelligence agencies believe the suspects are likely to travel to Mumbai via Bangladesh.
The fresh alert came a day after the Pakistani Foreign Ministry warned of a possible terror attack on major events in India, specifically the ICC World Cup final.
According to media reports emanating from Pakistan, the Foreign Office has urged the Indian government to put all the main cities on high alert till April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video