Fresh alert for World Cup final in Mumbai
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has received a fresh terror alert for the upcoming cricket World Cup final in Mumbai on April 2.
Reports said on Saturday that at least 17 suspected persons are believed to have purchased tickets for the final match to be played at Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium.
Intelligence agencies believe the suspects are likely to travel to Mumbai via Bangladesh.
The fresh alert came a day after the Pakistani Foreign Ministry warned of a possible terror attack on major events in India, specifically the ICC World Cup final.
According to media reports emanating from Pakistan, the Foreign Office has urged the Indian government to put all the main cities on high alert till April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside