Fresh batch of over 300 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A fresh batch of 376 pilgrims on Sunday left the Jammu base camp here to visit the holy cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir.
A convoy of 13 vehicles carrying the 31st batch of 376 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4:45 am to pay obeisance at the cave shrine in Kashmir Valley, police said.
The batch including, 223 men, 50 women, three children and 100 sadhus, is on their way to twin base camps of Pahalgam and Baltal in the valley, they added.
A total of 49,090 pilgrims, including today`s batch, have so far left the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29