Fresh batch of over 300 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A fresh batch of 376 pilgrims on Sunday left the Jammu base camp here to visit the holy cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir.
A convoy of 13 vehicles carrying the 31st batch of 376 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4:45 am to pay obeisance at the cave shrine in Kashmir Valley, police said.
The batch including, 223 men, 50 women, three children and 100 sadhus, is on their way to twin base camps of Pahalgam and Baltal in the valley, they added.
A total of 49,090 pilgrims, including today`s batch, have so far left the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune