Fresh batch of Pak Hindus reach India
Attari: As a fresh batch of 100 more Hindus crossed over from Pakistan here on Saturday, the leader of the group today claimed that they were not seeking asylum in India.
With tension writ large on their faces, the group arrived in India, a day after about 115 Hindus walked across the frontier amid reports of exodus of the minority community from Sindh province following kidnapping of a Hindu girl there.
Group leader Rajesh dismissed claims that Pakistan authorities were forcing them to give an undertaking that they would not seek asylum from Indian Government and would return to Pakistan within a period of 33 days.
"It would be wrong to say that Hindus or Hindu families who have crossed over to India were no more willing to go back to Pakistan," Singh said, adding that they would surely return to Pakistan and Sindh province.
"The Hindus from Pakistan have come to India to pay obeisance in the Hindu historic temples located in Amritsar, Indore, Haridwar, Rishikesh and Delhi but not for asylum," he said, while dismissing as "rumours" reports of exodus of Hindus.
"In fact, none of the Pakistan-based Hindu families could afford to live in India while leaving their ancestral houses and set up behind in Pakistan," he said.
However, a member, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that before crossing over to India, each member of delegation was forced to give an undertaking to Pakistan authorities that they would not seek asylum from Indian Government.
Another member Bishan Das said that if Pakistan based Hindus get an opportunity for immigrating to India, they would never lose the chance.
"If Indian government throws open the doors for Pakistan based Hindus, they would flock to India," he said, adding that they felt life would be much easier here especially when they have to marry their children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video