Fresh ceasefire violation by Pakistan in Poonch
Jammu: Pakistani Army violated the ceasefire again on Monday by shelling forward posts and civilian areas along the LoC in Poonch district, drawing retaliation from the Indian side.
"Pakistani Army violated ceasefire again-- they fired mortar shells and opened indiscriminate fire from automatic weapons on forward posts along LoC in Garhi sub-sector of Poonch district around 0015 hours," Defence spokesman Col R K Palta said here.
Pakistani troops also opened indiscriminate fire from small arms and targeted civilian areas, he said.
Indian troops guarding the borderline retaliated strongly, triggering exchanges which ended around 0500 hours today, Col Palta said, adding that there were no reports of loss of life or injury to anyone.
The reports said Pakistani troops continued firing mortar shells and automatic weapons in Hamirpur sub-sector from 6 PM to 7:45 PM yesterday, besides it fired in Doda battalion area and Sawjian sub-sector throughout the night on 13 different forward posts and civilian areas.
Pakistani Army violated the ceasefire in different sectors twice yesterday.
They have been daily resorting to ceasefire violations since August six when its special forces killed five Indian soldiers in Poonch.
There have been over 80 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops?this year from January one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'