Fresh inquiry into train disaster will cause delays: CPI(M)
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Tuesday said investigations
into the Jnaneswari Express derailment by state CID was almost
over and any fresh inquiry would result in a delay in the
truth coming out in the incident.
Senior CPI(M) Politburo member Sitaram Yechury told
reporters here that the probe by the West Bengal CID was in
the final stages.
He said "The Union Home Minister concurred with the view
of the state Chief Minister... It was decided that let the CID
inquiry complete. A fresh enquiry will result in delay."
The West Bengal government had yesterday ruled out a CBI
inquiry into the May 28 Jnaneswari Express disaster in West
Midnapore district which claimed 148 lives.
"The CID probe has progressed a great deal and the state
government does not feel that a parallel inquiry is
necessary," Home Secretary Samar Ghosh had said.
However, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee has alleged a
"political conspiracy" behind the disaster and has been
demanding for a CBI investigation.
She had said that Railways had requested the Home
Ministry for a CBI probe since the mishap took place in
`jangalmahal` where joint operations against Naxals were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!