Fresh passports to Indians returning from Libya
Jalandhar: The process of allotting fresh
passports to the Indians returning from strife-torn Libya on
"emergency slips" has started, an official said on Monday.
"Fresh passports to 248 persons, who returned from
Libya on emergency slips, have already been allotted. Passports
to the remaining citizens will also be given within a week,"
Regional Passport Officer Parneet Singh said.
Indians working in Libya were forced to return on
"emergency slips" issued by the Indian Embassy as part of a
temporary arrangement as their original passports were kept by
Singh said the passport office will not charge any
fees from the Indians returning from Libya as per the
directives of Indian Foreign Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list