Fresh passports to Indians returning from Libya
Jalandhar: The process of allotting fresh
passports to the Indians returning from strife-torn Libya on
"emergency slips" has started, an official said on Monday.
"Fresh passports to 248 persons, who returned from
Libya on emergency slips, have already been allotted. Passports
to the remaining citizens will also be given within a week,"
Regional Passport Officer Parneet Singh said.
Indians working in Libya were forced to return on
"emergency slips" issued by the Indian Embassy as part of a
temporary arrangement as their original passports were kept by
Singh said the passport office will not charge any
fees from the Indians returning from Libya as per the
directives of Indian Foreign Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah