Fresh passports to Indians returning from Libya
Jalandhar: The process of allotting fresh
passports to the Indians returning from strife-torn Libya on
"emergency slips" has started, an official said on Monday.
"Fresh passports to 248 persons, who returned from
Libya on emergency slips, have already been allotted. Passports
to the remaining citizens will also be given within a week,"
Regional Passport Officer Parneet Singh said.
Indians working in Libya were forced to return on
"emergency slips" issued by the Indian Embassy as part of a
temporary arrangement as their original passports were kept by
Singh said the passport office will not charge any
fees from the Indians returning from Libya as per the
directives of Indian Foreign Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India