Fresh snowfall in parts of Kashmir, Himachal
New Delhi: Fresh snowfall in parts of Kashmir Valley and Himachal Pradesh led to a drop in temperatures as authorities in Jammu and Kashmir issued an avalanche warning for the higher reaches of the state.
Delhi experienced a pleasant and sunny day with the maximum and minimum temperatures recording at 26.1 and 12.8 degrees Celsius, both one degree above normal.
Fresh snowfall was reported in parts of the Valley following which divisional commissioner of Kashmir issued an avalanche warning.
People in areas like Nowgam, Chowkibal, Budnambal, along the Line of Control in North Kashmir have been warned against venturing out on avalanche-prone slopes and have also been advised to remove snow from their rooftops to avoid any scope of houses collapsing under deposits of snow.
The Valley, including summer capital Srinagar, reported a drop in day temperatures due to the fresh bout of snowfall.
Intense cold also persisted in Himachal Pradesh which reported no appreciable change in the minimum as icy winds swept the state.
The higher parts of the state experienced another spell of moderate snowfall with Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district recording 15cm snow.
Widespread showers also lashed the region in the past 24 hours and the tourist resort of Manali recorded 37 mm rainfall followed by Khere (27mm) and Tissa (23mm).
Minimum temperatures in the state remained marginally below normal with Keylong recording a low of minus 5 degrees C.
Punjab and Haryana also saw minimum temperatures plummeting as the mercury hovered two notches below normal at a few places in the states, bringing back cold weather conditions.
Scattered showers occurred in some parts of the region with Chandigarh receiving 2.1 mm rainfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal