Fresh terror alert in Indian metros
New Delhi: Intelligence agencies Friday sounded a terror alert in Kolkata, Mumbai and Delhi following reports that terrorists had sneaked into these cities to target vital installations.
Home Ministry sources said that Taliban-trained `fidayeen` (suicide squads) had reportedly entered the country to carry out attacks at specific iconic structures.
Barely a fortnight back, there was a similar alert saying that `Pashtun-looking` suicide bombers, trained by Taliban, had entered India to launch a fresh wave of attacks.
Security has been beefed up at key installations and patrolling has been intensified in market places, railway stations, airports and hotels, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened