Fresh terror alert in Indian metros
New Delhi: Intelligence agencies Friday sounded a terror alert in Kolkata, Mumbai and Delhi following reports that terrorists had sneaked into these cities to target vital installations.
Home Ministry sources said that Taliban-trained `fidayeen` (suicide squads) had reportedly entered the country to carry out attacks at specific iconic structures.
Barely a fortnight back, there was a similar alert saying that `Pashtun-looking` suicide bombers, trained by Taliban, had entered India to launch a fresh wave of attacks.
Security has been beefed up at key installations and patrolling has been intensified in market places, railway stations, airports and hotels, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!