Fresh violence in Muzaffarnagar: JD (U) for unity of all anti-communalism forces
New Delhi: Expressing serious concern over the fresh violence in Muzaffarnagar, Janata Dal (United) leader Ali Anwar on Thursday said all those believing in the ideology of Mahatma Gandhi , BR Ambedkar and Ram Manohar Lohia must unite to confront this threat.
"All the anti-communalism forces must unite. If we have to save the nation then all followers of Gandhism, Ambedkar and Lohia, all democrats, Samajwadi; they must all unite to confront this threat," said Anwar.
"If this threat is allowed to unleash and if there is there is any negligence and carelessness then the country`s constitution and democracy will perish," he added.
Four people, including a woman, have been killed in two incidents of violence in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh, where communal clashes last month had left over 60 dead and 45,000 homeless.
The clashes occurred in the Bhaurankalan police station area, when people from two communities fought a pitched battle in which three youngsters were shot dead.
The administration has imposed Section 144 in the area to avoid any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof