Fresh violence in Muzaffarnagar: JD (U) for unity of all anti-communalism forces
New Delhi: Expressing serious concern over the fresh violence in Muzaffarnagar, Janata Dal (United) leader Ali Anwar on Thursday said all those believing in the ideology of Mahatma Gandhi , BR Ambedkar and Ram Manohar Lohia must unite to confront this threat.
"All the anti-communalism forces must unite. If we have to save the nation then all followers of Gandhism, Ambedkar and Lohia, all democrats, Samajwadi; they must all unite to confront this threat," said Anwar.
"If this threat is allowed to unleash and if there is there is any negligence and carelessness then the country`s constitution and democracy will perish," he added.
Four people, including a woman, have been killed in two incidents of violence in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh, where communal clashes last month had left over 60 dead and 45,000 homeless.
The clashes occurred in the Bhaurankalan police station area, when people from two communities fought a pitched battle in which three youngsters were shot dead.
The administration has imposed Section 144 in the area to avoid any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony