Fresh violence in Muzaffarnagar: JD (U) for unity of all anti-communalism forces
New Delhi: Expressing serious concern over the fresh violence in Muzaffarnagar, Janata Dal (United) leader Ali Anwar on Thursday said all those believing in the ideology of Mahatma Gandhi , BR Ambedkar and Ram Manohar Lohia must unite to confront this threat.
"All the anti-communalism forces must unite. If we have to save the nation then all followers of Gandhism, Ambedkar and Lohia, all democrats, Samajwadi; they must all unite to confront this threat," said Anwar.
"If this threat is allowed to unleash and if there is there is any negligence and carelessness then the country`s constitution and democracy will perish," he added.
Four people, including a woman, have been killed in two incidents of violence in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh, where communal clashes last month had left over 60 dead and 45,000 homeless.
The clashes occurred in the Bhaurankalan police station area, when people from two communities fought a pitched battle in which three youngsters were shot dead.
The administration has imposed Section 144 in the area to avoid any untoward incident.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!
- 1971 Indo-Pak war: 'Dusting was Indira Gandhi's stress-buster'
- House of Representative Speaker Paul Ryan invites PM Modi to address joint meeting of US Congress