Fresh warrants against David Headley, 8 others
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday issued fresh non-bailable warrants (NBWs) against nine men, including Pakistani-American David Coleman Headley who is currently in a US jail, for involvement in the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
Additional Sessions Judge Dharmesh Sharma issued the warrants against Headley and eight other Pakistanis including Pakistani-Canadian Tahawwur Hussain Rana.
Besides Headley and Rana, fresh NBWs were also issued against Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) founder Hafiz Saeed, 26/11 attack mastermind Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, Pakistan Army officials Major Iqbal and Major Sameer Ali, top al Qaeda operative Illyas Kashmiri, Headley`s handler Sajid Malik and former Pakistani Army officer Abdul Rehman Hashmi.
The court`s direction came after the National Investigation Agency (NIA) moved an application and informed it that these accused were absconding and the warrants issued against them earlier had not been executed yet.
The agency informed the court the chargesheet had already been filed.
On December 24, 2011, the NIA chargesheeted nine accused for allegedly entering into a conspiracy with members of banned terror outfits LeT and Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI) to commit terrorist acts in India.
The NIA chargesheeted them for planning and executing terror strikes in India, including the Mumbai attack. The court had taken cognisance of the chargesheet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan