`Fuel price hike reflects UPA bankruptcy of ideas`
New Delhi: Criticising the hike in petrol prices and the proposal to limit supply of subsidised LPG, Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Friday said the moves are a clear indication of UPA government`s "bankruptcy of ideas" and that it is time to go for mid-term polls.
"The government proposal to increase petrol prices and augment the LPG charges is clear indication of the bankruptcy of ideas of the present UPA leadership," he said in a statement.
Accusing the government of "failing on all fronts" he said the "best solution" for the nation now is to go for a mid-term election to ask people to give a "mandate for a new economic policy to steer the economy away from the "precipice".
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Trupti Desai denied entry in Haji Ali Dargah, detained by police on her way to CM's residence
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams