`Fuel price hike reflects UPA bankruptcy of ideas`
New Delhi: Criticising the hike in petrol prices and the proposal to limit supply of subsidised LPG, Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Friday said the moves are a clear indication of UPA government`s "bankruptcy of ideas" and that it is time to go for mid-term polls.
"The government proposal to increase petrol prices and augment the LPG charges is clear indication of the bankruptcy of ideas of the present UPA leadership," he said in a statement.
Accusing the government of "failing on all fronts" he said the "best solution" for the nation now is to go for a mid-term election to ask people to give a "mandate for a new economic policy to steer the economy away from the "precipice".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad