`Fuel price hike reflects UPA bankruptcy of ideas`
New Delhi: Criticising the hike in petrol prices and the proposal to limit supply of subsidised LPG, Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Friday said the moves are a clear indication of UPA government`s "bankruptcy of ideas" and that it is time to go for mid-term polls.
"The government proposal to increase petrol prices and augment the LPG charges is clear indication of the bankruptcy of ideas of the present UPA leadership," he said in a statement.
Accusing the government of "failing on all fronts" he said the "best solution" for the nation now is to go for a mid-term election to ask people to give a "mandate for a new economic policy to steer the economy away from the "precipice".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan