Fuel prices hike unjustified: CPI
New Delhi: CPI on Saturday demanded roll back of the hike in prices of petrol, diesel and unsubsidised LPG cylinders, saying it was unjustified.
"In the background of price rise of all essential commodities, this increase of prices in quick succession is quite unjustified. This will bring a big burden on the common people as the number of gas cylinder supplied to families is limited," the party Central Secretariat said in a statement.
It demanded a roll back of the hike in prices and asked the UPA government to issue notification that Aadhar Card is not essential for getting gas on subsidy as per the directive of the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress