Fuel prices hike unjustified: CPI
New Delhi: CPI on Saturday demanded roll back of the hike in prices of petrol, diesel and unsubsidised LPG cylinders, saying it was unjustified.
"In the background of price rise of all essential commodities, this increase of prices in quick succession is quite unjustified. This will bring a big burden on the common people as the number of gas cylinder supplied to families is limited," the party Central Secretariat said in a statement.
It demanded a roll back of the hike in prices and asked the UPA government to issue notification that Aadhar Card is not essential for getting gas on subsidy as per the directive of the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof