Fuel prices hike unjustified: CPI
New Delhi: CPI on Saturday demanded roll back of the hike in prices of petrol, diesel and unsubsidised LPG cylinders, saying it was unjustified.
"In the background of price rise of all essential commodities, this increase of prices in quick succession is quite unjustified. This will bring a big burden on the common people as the number of gas cylinder supplied to families is limited," the party Central Secretariat said in a statement.
It demanded a roll back of the hike in prices and asked the UPA government to issue notification that Aadhar Card is not essential for getting gas on subsidy as per the directive of the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened