Fully brief Anna: Bedi advises Hazare aide
New Delhi: As Anna Hazare continues his flip flop on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Team Anna member Kiran Bedi on Sunday advised his close aide to "fully brief" him on the remarks made by former Coal Secretary against Singh before the activist talks to media on Monday.
Bedi`s advice came minutes after Hazare`s close aide Suresh Pathare tweeted that the activist will hold a press conference tomorrow morning in Ralegan Siddhi.
"Annaji may be fully briefed on the statement given on TV of Coal Secretary that the Prime Minister did not do enough to ensure coal blocks are auctioned," she said replying to Pathare`s tweet.
Bedi`s remarks come on a day she likened the Prime Minister to the blind king Dhritarashtra of the epic Mahabharata and said that he needed a Vidura who advises him that Team Anna is not a bunch of anti-nationals as alleged by some of his ministerial colleagues.
Hazare has been making flip flop on Singh after his team levelled allegations on May 26 against the Prime Minister on the basis of a leaked draft CAG report on coal block allocations.
Initially, he said Singh was an honest man and he would take a call on the Prime Minister only after seeing the file prepared by his team. But a few days later, he said he had lost faith in the Prime Minister.
On June four, Hazare said he has doubts about the Prime Minister after going through the file prepared by his team.
However, three days later Hazare described Singh as a "good man" against whom there is no example of corruption yet.
"I have said from the beginning that Manmohan Singh is a good man. Don`t have any example of corruption yet. But he is going through a bad time. He is a good man but is handled by a remote control. What can a person do?" Hazare had said.
Notwithstanding the flip flop by Hazare, Team Anna has chalked out a campaign strategy for their indefinite fast, deciding to tour western Uttar Pradesh villages where they will "discuss in detail" corruption allegations against Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31