Fully support Advani’s yatra: Nitish Kumar
Sitab Diara, Bihar: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Tuesday, came out in full support of BJP veteran LK Advani’s Jan Chetna Yatra while stressing that fighting corruption had been the priority of his government.
Addressing a public gathering in Jayaprakash Narayan’s village, Nitish said, “People are frustrated to due to corruption. Since you decided to start this yatra from Bihar I am here to welcome you.”
“I fully support Advaniji’s yatra, not just by words but by actions…I am fully confident that your yatra would be successful,” he added.
Importantly, Nitish also made it a point to boast about the steps taken by his government in the fight against corruption. “Since 2005 NDA govt is in Bihar. People wanted change, only change…people were not hopeful, but change did happen.”
“We set our goal as good governance. Till the time governance is not transparent people will not be happy no matter what claims are made,” he said.
The Bihar Chief Minister pointed out that the state government under his eladership had formulated a new law so as to ensure that corruption cases are deposed off in time bound manner.
He also reminded the gathering of his government’s move to confiscate the property of corrupt government officials, adding that one such property of a corrupt official has been turned into a school in Patna.
Nitish also mentioned Anna Hazare saying that the corruption is so a big concern for the common man that people stood behind the Gandhian even when he didn’t have the support of an organisation.
LK Advani is all set to embark on his 38-day `Jan Chetna Yatra` from
Jayaprakash Narayan`s birth place in Saran district today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth