Funds for computerization of Wakf boards
New Delhi: Taking forward computerization of
Wakf boards, 14 State Wakf Boards (WFB) have completed setting
up a Central Computing Facility (CCF) while funds have been
released to 26 out of 30 SWBs in the last three years,
Minister of State for Minority Affairs Vincent Pala said here
In a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha, Pala said
that "based on the recommendations of the Joint Parliamentary
Committee on Wakf, the scheme for computerization of records
of State Wakf Boards (SWBs) was launched in December, 2009,
with central financial assistance."
The scheme envisages development of a web-based software
named "Wakf Management System of India (WAMSI)" to host a
centralized data base of Wakf properties for all SWBs in four
modules which have been developed and launched, he said.
On delay in release of funds, Pala said "since complete
proposals from all state /Wakf Boards were received on
different dates, the release of funds got delayed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore