Furnish details of possession of Delhi office, HC tells SIMI
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday sought
to know from the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) how
the outfit obtained possession of its New Delhi office
Granting three weeks time to file a detailed affidavit in
this regard, Justice S Muralidhar fixed February 25 to hear a
petition filed by SIMI seeking the court`s direction for
re-possession of the property House number 151-C at Gali 9 in
Zakir Nagar, where its Delhi office is located.
In an affidavit, Director (Ministry of Home Affairs)
stated that municipal records showed the house belonged to one
Habibullah Siddiqui, and so, neither SIMI nor its president
Shahid Badar Falahi had any claim on the building.
In its last hearing, the court had directed SIMI to
disclose the details of its possession of the house.
Following the Central government ban on the organisation
in 2001 for alleged involvement in terrorist activities, its
president Falahi was arrested under the Unlawful Activities
Prevention Act and since then the office has been locked.
However, a Delhi High Court Tribunal lifted the ban on
the organisation in August 2008.
Filing a petition, SIMI activists said, "The house is in
an utter state of neglect with no guard to restrict
unauthorised admission and prevent trespassing".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM