Further trouble brewing for ex-CJI Balakrishnan
Kochi: Further trouble is brewing for former
CJI Justice K G Balakrishnan as his yougner brother K G
Bhaskaran, Special Government Pleader in the Kerala High Court was on Tuesday asked by the state Advocate General to either demit
office or to go on leave following allegations of amassing
wealth disproprotionate to his known sources of income.
Bhaskaran was appointed special government pleader to
defend cases against Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
Following the directions from AG Sudhakara Prasad,
bhaskaran agreeed to go on medical leave, AG`s office sources
As bhaskaran had not been attending office since the court
reopened after vacation yesterday, his leave application was
sent by a special messenger to him.
According to media reports, Bhaskaram had purchased about
60 acres of land in Dindigul in Tamil Nadu in 2005-06 in the
name of his wife, 4 children and K G Praveen, a close relative
of justice Balakrishnan and had built a farm house there. The
property is reportedly up for sale. There were also reports
that Bhaskaran and his wife Ratnaamma, a retired judicial
magistrate were huilding a palatial house in Puthen Kurushu in
Ernakulam distirct and that he had spent over rs one crore to
build the huge house.
Bhaskaran had said the media reports were `exaggerated`.
Justice Balakrishna`s son-in law P V Sreenijan, an advoacte
and former youth congress state vice president, is also in a
thick of controversy as reports have emerged that he had
amassed properties worth several crores in a short span of
four years from 2006.
Fromer supreme court judge justice V R Krishna Iyer has
demanded a judicial probe into the allegations against KGB`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read