Gadkari asks Cong to shun "low standard" of politics
New Delhi: In an apparent reference to the Congress for its possible involvement in recent sting operations against its top leaders, BJP on Tuesday asked the party to desist from practising a "low standard" of politics.
Pushp Sharma, an independent investigative journalist accused BJP MPs Prakash Javadekar and Bhupendra Singh Yadav of trying to obtain the thumb impression of Narmadabai Prajapati, mother of Tulsi Prajapati, on blank vakalatnamas to help BJP general secretary and Narendra Modi aide Amit Shah.
Tulsi Prajapati was killed in an alleged fake encounter.
"As the elections draw nearer, the standard of politics goes down. Neither the people nor the media believes such things.
"Congress should distance itself from this low standard of politics," Gadkari said on the sidelines of a meeting of the party`s industry cell`s national executive.
Sharma claims he has undertaken a sting operation which allegedly shows Javadekar and Yadav involved in getting the thumb impression of Narmada Prajapati at the behest of Amit Shah and Narendra Modi.
Meanwhile, when asked about the poor economic situation of the country, Gadkari said the government should ask the President of India to intervene in the matter.
"Whatever projects related to the economic development of the country are sub judice in Supreme Court, decisions (should be passed) in all of them within three months," said Gadkari.
He went on to add that the economic situation of the country was presently deplorable.
"Despite having the biggest coal reserves in Asia, we have to import coal from the USA, South Africa and Indonesia. Our power industry is almost bankrupt.
"The industry can no longer bear up with the legal issues and red tapism. Given the devaluation of the Rupee, government should come up with a concrete economic policy to bail the country out from this situation.
"The President should call people from the judiciary and political parties to discuss the matter," said Gadkari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'