Gadkari asks Cong to shun "low standard" of politics
New Delhi: In an apparent reference to the Congress for its possible involvement in recent sting operations against its top leaders, BJP on Tuesday asked the party to desist from practising a "low standard" of politics.
Pushp Sharma, an independent investigative journalist accused BJP MPs Prakash Javadekar and Bhupendra Singh Yadav of trying to obtain the thumb impression of Narmadabai Prajapati, mother of Tulsi Prajapati, on blank vakalatnamas to help BJP general secretary and Narendra Modi aide Amit Shah.
Tulsi Prajapati was killed in an alleged fake encounter.
"As the elections draw nearer, the standard of politics goes down. Neither the people nor the media believes such things.
"Congress should distance itself from this low standard of politics," Gadkari said on the sidelines of a meeting of the party`s industry cell`s national executive.
Sharma claims he has undertaken a sting operation which allegedly shows Javadekar and Yadav involved in getting the thumb impression of Narmada Prajapati at the behest of Amit Shah and Narendra Modi.
Meanwhile, when asked about the poor economic situation of the country, Gadkari said the government should ask the President of India to intervene in the matter.
"Whatever projects related to the economic development of the country are sub judice in Supreme Court, decisions (should be passed) in all of them within three months," said Gadkari.
He went on to add that the economic situation of the country was presently deplorable.
"Despite having the biggest coal reserves in Asia, we have to import coal from the USA, South Africa and Indonesia. Our power industry is almost bankrupt.
"The industry can no longer bear up with the legal issues and red tapism. Given the devaluation of the Rupee, government should come up with a concrete economic policy to bail the country out from this situation.
"The President should call people from the judiciary and political parties to discuss the matter," said Gadkari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued