Gadkari asks Cong to shun "low standard" of politics
New Delhi: In an apparent reference to the Congress for its possible involvement in recent sting operations against its top leaders, BJP on Tuesday asked the party to desist from practising a "low standard" of politics.
Pushp Sharma, an independent investigative journalist accused BJP MPs Prakash Javadekar and Bhupendra Singh Yadav of trying to obtain the thumb impression of Narmadabai Prajapati, mother of Tulsi Prajapati, on blank vakalatnamas to help BJP general secretary and Narendra Modi aide Amit Shah.
Tulsi Prajapati was killed in an alleged fake encounter.
"As the elections draw nearer, the standard of politics goes down. Neither the people nor the media believes such things.
"Congress should distance itself from this low standard of politics," Gadkari said on the sidelines of a meeting of the party`s industry cell`s national executive.
Sharma claims he has undertaken a sting operation which allegedly shows Javadekar and Yadav involved in getting the thumb impression of Narmada Prajapati at the behest of Amit Shah and Narendra Modi.
Meanwhile, when asked about the poor economic situation of the country, Gadkari said the government should ask the President of India to intervene in the matter.
"Whatever projects related to the economic development of the country are sub judice in Supreme Court, decisions (should be passed) in all of them within three months," said Gadkari.
He went on to add that the economic situation of the country was presently deplorable.
"Despite having the biggest coal reserves in Asia, we have to import coal from the USA, South Africa and Indonesia. Our power industry is almost bankrupt.
"The industry can no longer bear up with the legal issues and red tapism. Given the devaluation of the Rupee, government should come up with a concrete economic policy to bail the country out from this situation.
"The President should call people from the judiciary and political parties to discuss the matter," said Gadkari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof