Gadkari assures support in govt`s fight against terror
New Delhi: Development should be the priority, Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) new chief Nitin Gadkari said Thursday while emphasising that he didn`t believe in criticism of the government for the sake of it.
"I don`t believe in the criticism for the sake of criticism. I have not chosen politics as a career. I believe politics is an instrument of socio-economic reform," Gadkari said in his first news conference after he took over as the BJP president last week.
"Development should be our priority."
He assured "full support" to the government in the fight against terrorism and Maoist insurgency.
"We should fight terrorism together and I assure full support to the government if it wants to fight it firmly," he said.
Gadkari said the belief that the BJP was anti-minority was far from the truth.
"I don`t believe in discrimination on the basis of religion and language. No such discriminations are acceptable. But appeasement of minorities had become the definition of secularism and appeasement of terrorists has now become the definition of secularism," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi