Gadkari bugging issue set to rock Parliament Thursday again
New Delhi: Congress is set to keep up the heat on BJP over alleged bugging of Union Minister Nitin Gadkari`s house with the opposition party deciding to raise it aggressively in parliament for the second consecutive day tomorrow pressing for a discussion on the issue.
"We will raise it in Parliament tomorrow as well. There has to be a discussion on it, which culminates into an inquiry by a judge. We doubt that some internal agency is involved in the bugging.
"If a minister is being snooped, then it raises doubts that leaders of Opposition parties and other important personalities may also be facing it. That is why we say the inquiry should be done by a judge. The investigation has to be credible," Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Ghulam Nabi Azad told reporters here.
Azad did not rule out the possibility of Congress seeking suspension of the Question Hour tomorrow to discuss it.
Party spokesperson Shakeel Ahmed targetted Prime Minister Narendra Modi over the issue without naming him and demanded a statement from him on the issue.
"Media says not only Mr Gadkari, Mrs Sushma Sawraj and Mr Rajnath Singh were also bugged. Complete Gujarat model is in place in Delhi also?," Ahmed said on Twitter a day after Congress drew parallel between the bugging incident with the snooping of a woman in Gujarat when Modi was Chief Minister there.
At the AICC briefing, Ahmed said that he was surprised that Home Minister Rajnath Singh, whose ministry should have probed the matter, is saying that no such incident took place, even before an inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 'India stalling dialogue with Pakistan to avoid negotiations on Kashmir'
- Cancer woes: Parsley, dill can actually be the cure!
- Spine chilling! French swimmer Yannick Agnel promises to swim around the Nordic island if Iceland win Euro 2016
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 second flash sale on July 5; registrations open
- Opal-studded meteorite points towards evolution of water on Earth!