Gadkari calls on Advani, seeks his blessings
New Delhi: Beginning his innings as new BJP
president, Nitin Gadkari on Sunday called on senior party leader LK Advani to seek his blessings and support during his tenure.
Gadkari met the party veteran along with his family
members. Former BJP president M Venkaiah Naidu joined them
during the breakfast meeting.
Later, talking to reporters, Gadkari said, "Atal Bihari
Vajpayee and Advani have been the source of inspiration for
me. I had met Vajpayee yesterday.
"I am new to Delhi and national politics. But after
getting the blessings of the senior leaders, I am confident of
performing the duties and responsibilities entrusted to me.
After meeting Advani, my confidence has increased," the
52-year-old BJP chief said.
After taking over as the BJP president yesterday, Gadkari had
called on Vajpayee and other senior leaders Sushma Swaraj,
Rajnath Singh and Naidu.
He could not meet Advani yesterday as the latter had gone
to Vrindavan after the party`s Parliamentary Board meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt